I realized that i had nothing describing the project, for those who don't know what it is. I am a Minerva Fellow for Union College, working in conjunction with the Harpswell Foundation, and am in Cambodia from July 2009 through April 2010 to set up a co-operative motorbike repair shop. The goal is to provide jobs for several men from Tramung Chrum, a village that the Harpswell Foundation has worked with in the past. Any income beyond what is required to pay the workers and run the business will go to TC.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

What I've been up to

I came into Phnom Penh to buy tools, but haven't. I'm afraid to, because then i have to learn where/how to buy parts, start fixing things, etc. It's also a big financial step.

Also, There's a national holiday called the water fesitval where 1-2 million people descend on Phnom Penh, so it's crazy here.

Also Also, my birthday and thoughts on life writing has preoccupied me.

So Now the shop is all ready for tools, and the next step, and I haven't done it yet. I'm doing my best to recognize that I will be able to do it soon, like next weekend. But this coming week might be a very slow one for project developments.

I forgot to take pictures i have been promising, of the guys who are going to moto-repair school, and the most recent shop scene. They'll be up sometime soon.

Hope everyone's well.

Ned.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ned!
    Hope you had a good birthday. And yes, take pictures! Sending you warm thoughts from LA :)
    -Jeannie

    ReplyDelete